Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nursery Lesson #10

Some ideas for lesson #10 I Will Take Care of My Body
Dress a Body, small individual flannelboards for pre-lesson activities.

I used adhesive back felt (found at Walmart or most sewing/craft stores) and stuck in on a cardboard square to make the small flannelboard. Using a simple die cut pattern I cut out the girl/boy figures and made simple clothing.



Make a Face:



Good food for our bodies:
  




During the lesson I showed the pic from the manual and posted this body on the flannelboard:



I had the children touch their corresponding body parts and discussed how they are useful. The church's website now has a great visual section, however these visuals came from another great site
http://www.kizclub.com. Click under Teaching Extras. Side note: The Stories/Props section is a fantastic section also, I use it all the time with my grandchildren. They offer color, ready to print visuals as well as B/W. Best of all it's free.
  


Using a mystery bag is another good way to discuss how we can take care of our body. Brush & Soap = keep our bodies clean. Apple = take in good food. Ball = exercise. Pillow = Rest.
 

Anything visual, tactile or sensory goes over well with little nursery children.

No comments:

Post a Comment